Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We are Pregnant! :)

So Dustin and I decided that we would wait until our first appointment to tell everyone, but I have been so excited to announce it! :) :) A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my period was late. I decided to just wait it out, because I was sure I wasn't pregnant. Then, at a class field trip to the Oscar Meyer bus, all the teachers were given free hot dogs. I ate mine, and a couple minutes later puked it up in front of the entire class (eww!!!)! That's when I had some suspicions! A day or two later, I told Dustin I wanted to test! He is always the one that holds me back and lets me wait for my period to come! But this time my period was late and he was still hesitant! (Because trust me, I've thought I was pregnant before and turned out not to be!!! lol)

Anyway, we purchased a dollar store test...why waste money
right? Within a couple minutes I was screaming, "IT's POSITIVE!!!" He was still skeptical even after seeing it, and we ran to Walgreens to buy a more 'reliable' test! And this was our result:
After this test he said, "I am gonna be a daddy!" It was so touching to see him so excited!
We told a couple of people right away but decided to wait until the first appointment to tell everyone! So here I am, happy as can be, tape on my arm from getting my blood drawn at my first appointment! We are really happy and excited to meet our baby who is due November 14th! So I am about 7 1/2 weeks right now but I've been rounding up to 8 :)
So far, I have been quite sick, but my sickness only started about a week and a half ago! Before that I was bragging that I hadn't gotten morning sickness yet, HAHA. Now I am regretting saying anything because it hit like a mack truck! :) :)

We are soooo excited to meet you in November, little one!!

(P.s. I think it's a boy! So if mother's intuition is right...)

9 comments:

Chandra said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats you guys!!! WOohoo!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I hope the morning sickness passes soon! xoxoxo

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Lindsay! Yay for November babies! Oh, and I wouldn't round up the weeks if I were you. It makes the pregnancy feel a lot longer in the end. Just FYI. : ) Good luck to you as you grow your little one these next several months!

Jenny C said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you guys!You will be such cute parents! Love ya!

Ry and Monica said...

yay! i am so excited for you linds! i hope you start feeling better...morning sickness is the worst! and all that morning stuff is a lie...it lasted ALL DAY for me! good luck, i know you will be an amazing mom :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!! That is so exciting!!! Kaydence is a November baby, you couldn't have picked a better month ;)

Kassie Temple said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I am glad to have a pregnant buddy!!!

Seth and Brittney said...

Hey we found out with a dollar store test! They still work just fine! ;o) Congrats you two!

Jill Wright said...

We are so happy to get a new little baby in this family---I hope it's a girl for your mom's sake (all these stinkin' grandsons). Anyway, we love you guys and can't wait to meet the new little one.

Elder & Sister Wright said...

What a cute grandbaby. We are so excited to add to our numbers. We love you Dustin & Lindsay!!!!

Mom & Dad