Tuesday, September 22, 2009


So my sister Chels was kind enough to take some maternity pictures for me. These are a few of them, the rest are on my facebook! We are 8 months now, just a few short weeks left to go. The words I have by the pictures are lyrics to a song that my mom used to sing for us as children. I am not sure who sings it, or the title of the song, but I always remember the words. I now dedicate it to my sweet Melody :) 

This is a story love, a story that's true. 
This is the story about you.. 
Of how we hoped to have you, 
and how we prayed you'd come 
in to our lives little one.
All of the love you could ever need is here in my heart. 
No matter what, you can always count on me. 
I'll never be far with all the love you could ever need.
This is a story love of the place you came from, 
And of your Heavenly Father's love. 
And how he must have held you before he let you go, 
hoping that somehow you'd know...
All of the love you could ever need is there in His arms. 
No matter what, you can always count on Him. 
He'll never be far with all the love you could ever need.
-------------------
And I just felt like writing a little something to my sweet girl...

   Melody, we are so excited to meet you in just a little while. I have dreamed of you since I was a little girl, and thought about what you would look like and sound like and smell like and whose personality and quirks you would carry. I love to feel you roll and kick and move in my belly and I love to talk and sing to you. It's hard for me to imagine not being this close to you physically forever, but I know that we will always be close in our hearts. There is a special bond that we have, that you are a part of me and I am a part of you, that no one can ever replace. No matter what happens with time, I treasure this time now with you and try to never complain about being pregnant because lately the scares we've had about you coming too soon or the idea that something could be wrong have made me appreciate the moments where everything is right and perfect more than ever before. This is the only time in our lives where I can always hold you close and keep you safe, and I am grateful for it. I hope I am a good mother to you, and I promise I will do my best and try my hardest to teach you about life and love and when to fight and when to let go. I feel like I still have a lot to learn, and with you being our oldest I know I will learn many of those lessons with you but I want you to know I am always trying my best for you and for our family. I love your dad very much and hope we can show you the way a loving relationship should be, full of laughter but also of sacrifice and honesty. I hope we never take for granted the small joys in life. You are already so loved and wanted and needed in our lives. I am so excited to meet you!!! Until then, I love you!

Love, Mom

5 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

Lyndsey, what you wrote is so sweet! It almost made me cry! I'm so excited for you to become a mom!! I want to hang out with you again, let me know if you're free this next Tuesday.

Chandra said...

Ok I'm officially crying. That was the sweetest most touching thing I've ever read- and seen. :-)

Dustin and Lyndsey Wright said...

thanks girls :) I'm so excited to be a mom! Lauren we do need to hang out, but I don't have days off anymore :( HOWEVER, I am done with work until January in a week and a half!! So we can hang out whenever then!! :-D

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

I found you in the blogging world! Yay! Love it!

Mrs. Wright said...

What a sweet post. I love the pics and am impressed with what you wrote. This little girl is lucky to have you and Dustin for parents!