Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May was great!

Alright, so it's time for another blog post! I'm not getting lazy, just busy as of late! The eating clean is still going well. I've dropped 8 lbs so far which is unfortunately just a dent in the 25 (yes, I said it) I gained after HAVING the baby. No one tells you that you are going to gain weight after the baby. Because for most people it doesn't happen. I can't help feeling like I deserve it for not gaining any pregnancy weight. I even breastfed and still didn't lose weight. But then again I had the appetite of a large buffalo (and now sadly look like one...lol)

But hopefully this eating clean thing will help! I am trying to limit dairy and meat until my birthday to see if that helps too.

So this past month we had a wonderful time! May was indeed a good month!

We took a few cute family pictures. I am trying not to repost our facebook ones!
We were all smiling in this one but Melody's red eyes are scary!! lol
I thought I'd share a unique idea for the brave...if you want some decoration books, use old journals! I think they are cute and I journaled through 4 books my senior year of high school. Just make sure you don't make it a public statement as I am doing so that other sneak a peek at your journals!! lol I need to get back in to it...I did so well back then!
I've had this mirror since Mel was 3 months but she is just starting to really enjoy it. Ah, the days when you really had no clue who was staring back at you ;)
Another favorite toy for her is her baby piano (crossing my fingers!!). It's always good to have some toys available for tummy time since she isn't a huge fan :( Hopefully SOME DAY she will crawl. But I am not that sad that she isn't...I can set her in one place and she usually stays within a couple inches of that spot :) Happiness..
We did the deal on krazy coupon lady for the dining out coupons. This one was to Donnie Mac's trailer park cuisine!! Haha. I only wish we could have sat in the car. The food was decent, nothing to be completely blown away by. I got a black bean burger with all the fixings.
this is us in our booth (that rolled). For a more romantic dinner, I like to sit side by side and cuddle :)
Jelly bean upon waking. We've fought the swaddle battle now for a while and now we've won. She will be swaddled and sleep longer for naps! Hooray for 3 1.5-2 hour naps a day AND sleeping 11 hours a night. Life is good! :)
Trying to get her to practice picking up crackers and feeding herself. I tried whole wheat but since she can't do it anyway these will work for now! :) Plus I have yet to master a melt-in-your-mouth cracker suitable for babies...Looking for recipes...
We got our high chair from a consignment store here in Meridian. Love shopping consignment!! The only way to go!
Last but not least a picture of the Sugarland concert. I loved it and now have been trying to play some country on the guitar. The problem is that I don't have a country style voice so it sounds a bit different. Oh well :)

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Jeff and Lauren said...

That's so great that you've had progress with the clean eating!! Good for you!