Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Maybe baby

Not what it seems...:) Not yet!!
At our last appointment, in a flurry of craziness we were told that Melody was not growing well. We expected this news but we did not expect that they would tell us that if her lungs were ready, they would induce me that night! I had only just started feeling a slight bit better after getting a nasty case of the flu and was shocked. I kept asking if they could wait until I felt better or more rested but I was getting looked at like I was crazy, lol.

But we had an amnio done to test Melody's lungs and waited in Labor and Delivery for the results while they monitored her heart beat and movement. She did a great job and the amnio showed that her lungs were not yet mature enough. So this means that there will be no baby this week. While we were in there though, we were pretty flustered and thought she might come so I had Dustin take a picture of me in the gown just in case and wrote him a list of things to get to pack the hospital bag.

But we have an appointment next week and we will find out then if her lungs are ready and if they are, we will get induced at that point. I am writing this to put everyone's minds at ease and let you know that she is healthy, just not thriving in the womb :) They don't know why but it's better not to take any risks, so it's better for her to come in to the world a little sooner!! We are not worried, and have felt at peace with everything. We have a lot of support and a lot of friends and family to help us out!

So we could be posting pictures of our little girl soon!!! We shall see! :) If not next Monday I am not sure when or if they will wait another week or what. But I will let y'all know!

3 comments:

Chandra said...

You are one lucky girl to get your princess early! I wonder if it was the 2 vessel cord? Did they tell you to stay put and watch movies all day long? That will help her grow! :-) And remember to drink lots and lots because the fluid is what helps her lungs mature! Can't wait to see her!!!!!!!

Ry and Monica said...

I love reading your blog...it helps to remind me of my pregancy and the excitement that comes in the end! You will be a wonderful mom, and I can't wait to here your story and to see your little girl!

Erin Anderson said...

So excited for you and glad baby melody is okay! Cant wait to see pictures of her when she gets here