Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!!

Happy Easter Everyone!! We had a wonderful time this year. I think it's been my favorite holiday so far with the baby. She's old enough to start enjoying the holidays more and dressing her in her multiple easter dresses was admittedly really fun :)

I am excited to celebrate the holidays to come as a family. I never remember Easter being my favorite holiday, but I also think that giving is what made it so fun, and in the past I only received. Making the Easter baskets and setting out the jelly bean trail, just as had been done for me as a kid, was so reminiscent of growing up, but this time seeing it from my parent's perspective!

A tradition I took from my own family was the trail of jelly beans from Melody's room to the baskets! Yes, she is too young to understand it but I wanted to practice and still really get in to the holidays. To be fair, I set her by the trail...she just wanted to grab the jelly beans :) (No one would want to eat those, they were 'spice' jellies)


The reason that we have 4 baskets is because the Easter bunny decided to leave my sister, Chelsey, one too! :) From the left is Melody (complete with springtime binkies, grape juice, a book, and some other fun treats), Lyndsey (a Disney DVD, a cute spring time decoration for the door and some treats), Dustin (A few 'romantic' gifts, a magazine, treats), and Chels (funny samples, gum, treats)... That sneaky Easter bunny set them on the piano in the living room ;)

Dustin was so nice to take the baby in the morning because I was up sick all night, and thought it would be funny to put one of his Peruvian hats on her! I thought it was too funny, so I had to post. "What's up mon?"

He was also so cute and went and got me some beautiful flowers with vibrant colors for Easter time!! :) He is the best husband ever!

For Easter dinner, we were invited to Nana and Papas again. There were a lot of people there so it was fun to visit with everyone. We saw a video that Dustin and Sharina made a very long time ago called "The Stolen Ring" (or something like that!!) and it definitely made us all laugh.

Speaking of laughter, I had to share a picture that Jenny tagged Dustin in... this Easter bunny is super creepy!
HAHAHAHA....

We can't end the blog post on that; it's too freaky! So I will leave you with a cute picture of Melody. For the whole Easter photo shoot, you can go to my facebook or Dustin's. Happy Easter and welcome, spring! We are so excited for the following this spring and summer (stole this idea from Tiffany Crandall, thank you!!!)

  • Tyson's wedding in August (in St. George)
  • Oliver's wedding in April (here in Boise)
  • Mother's and Father's Days (our first official ones!)
  • My 24th birthday! (I'm getting old!)
  • Family reunions in Bear Lake
  • More that I'm sure I'm forgetting...oh well! :) :)
Have a great day and remember to smile!!! :-)

3 comments:

James and Sharina Jensen said...

I must comment here that I was merely an actress in the movie "The Stolen Ring" but the brains behind the whole ordeal actually belong to Devan Wright!!!!

Kassie Temple said...

Cute pictures! I love her little dress. Hope you guys had a great Easter! LOve ya!

Tiffany said...

I like your list of things you are looking forward to. I'm glad I can help!

I love that you got Disney movies in your Easter basket. I am sooo wanting to add to our collection!