Saturday, June 6, 2009

IT'S A...



GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Wow, there is so much to tell right now, it's crazy! :) First off, let me say that I was not expecting a girl in the least! I was sure it was a boy :) The girls that I work with all guessed that it would be a girl because I was very sick for the first 15 weeks or so, and they said that they have not seen somebody who got that sick have a boy! So I suppose all that sickness was worth it!
I woke up bright and early, I took a nice long bath and pampered myself a bit, then Dustin and I had to do things to keep our minds occupied because we were just so excited!! He had to watch TV and I looked over and saw his legs shaking!! :-D 

We made a bet going in and put stipulations on it... 
we get prizes if we win :) Well I got unlucky because I guessed boy and he guessed girl, so he is our winner this time!! :) 

We went in to Fetal Fotos (we love this place) and I thought I had to drink 32 oz of water. Well when I got there they told me I DIDN'T have to so the first thing I did was pee...and pee and pee... then we went in for the ultrasound!!

The first 40 minutes or so were spent trying to get our stubborn little girl to open those legs and show her goods! She was moving so much that it was hard to get a good shot! We got to see her little body and her legs and arms move, we saw her open her mouth, and then finally we zeroed in and saw that she was, indeed, a little girl!!!!! I was shocked and was totally speechless at first, then they rolled me on my side and I started crying tears of joy!! I was so mesmerized, I loved her instantly. 

It was one of THE GREATEST moments of my entire life so far!

And right away, I have settled with the name we discussed that I loved. Dustin and I have both been so in to music since we met, it is a big part of our lives, so we have decided to name our little one Melody!! It is very fitting if you know us. Not sure on her middle name!

I was so happy that the rest of the ultrasound was kind of a blur. Dustin was just BEAMING and has not stopped shouting for joy that he will have a little girl!! He wants to get pink everything, I am trying to make sure we get gender neutral of that which we can reuse :) ;) !!

Oh, and in the ultrasound they flipped over to 3D and we got to see our little Melody's adorable little profile. Almost immediately after they flipped in to 3D, she put her left hand up to her mouth and started sucking her thumb!!! :-D We've got a thumb sucker, taking after her nana, Grandma Wright :) Or so they say :) 

It was so cute to see my little princess move and suck her thumb and kick me which I do occasionally feel now!!!! :-D 

I still can't believe it's a girl, but I am so in love with her. I dream of the pink, the bows, the future dance (and soccer) classes, having to teach her about boys and makeup and dating, having her daddy waiting at the door with a shot gun when the prom date arrives, holding her in my arms when she cries (which if she is like mommy she certainly will!!!).

Today was such a beautiful day for me and I get teary eyed when I think of my little one. I am so excited to be a mommy to my beautiful Melody. And I can't wait to see how she tugs on Dustin's heart strings

This is turning out to be a long post but I am just soooo excited!!! I can't even explain!!!!!! My heart is just so full right now... We announced to my parents by bringing a bouquet of pink balloons in and some pink krispy kreme donuts!! :) They were sooo excited and totally surprised since they all thought it was a boy!! :-D 



We are sooo excited and will post more pics soon!!






4 comments:

Marie said...

So fun! I love how you announced it to your parents, I think I may copy that idea in the future. Congrats

Chandra said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! What a fun day! Melody is such a gorgeous name! You've got some pink bling on the way to get you started! :-) Congrats!

Seth and Brittney said...

Congratulations! Our little girl has been such a joy, and I totally thought we were having a boy too! Girls are so sweet, and I LOVE the name MELODY! My sister-in-law has that name and I have been a fan ever since they met... so good pick! ;) Good luck in all the preparations!

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Congratulations you guys!!! That is sooo exciting! Cute name too Melody I love it!!