Monday, June 22, 2009

My girly side coming out :)

Okay, so let me just say as a precursor that having a girl really has started to bring out the girly-ness in me :) I have made her bracelets from a little kit I bought about a year ago (you know, just in case) and my newest addiction, making headbands. The tricky cool part of these is that I will demonstrate how versatile they are! 

//Warning: These are all bad-quality cell phone pics!!! Sorry!!//

First, I bought a lot of silk flowers and took the tops off. I also purchased ribbon and got a crash course on making bows (you can see one or two below), which cost mucho mucho at the store or to buy already made but making them yourself is cheap! :) I also purchased alligator clips (you can get these from Sally's or even Walmart and they are also cheap). You can hot glue the flowers or bows you have made to these clips. 
Next, you can either make or buy lots of cute crochet headbands in various colors. I got mine off Ebay and got 20 of different colors for like 15 bucks. Not too shabby, but if you are good at crocheting I'm sure you can find out how to make them. I'm not good at crochet so I didn't tackle it. Also I want to add that these fit newborn to adult! They stretch but also bounce back to their original shape. So you can use them for a long time. 
Last, you can do hundreds of combinations of flower or bow plus headband (insert alligator clip in holes of headband) to match tons of different outfits. I have not yet had an outfit I couldn't match. Plus, you can save the flower clips and bows for when your little one has hair or for yourself. (I have been wearing the flower clips lately in my hair) I demonstrated the matching versatility with some outfits we received on Saturday..

Trickiest because of the gold emblem but I went with a white headband and pink flower
One of the bows I made (you can't tell but it matches some of the green threading in the shirt) and a pink headband to also compliment the colors in the shirt
This one worked really well, you just can't tell in the picture :) 
And who doesn't love purple with a cute white daisy?
Any way, so that's me on my soapbox for the day :) This girl is gonna be lookin' cute if I have anything to say about it!

3 comments:

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

WAY cute!!! You did a great job with those bows so fun. Hopefully someday I will have a girl and get to do fun girly things like that!! You are going to be a FANTASTIC mother!!

Mrs. Wright said...

You are just so cute! I love your creative girly side! I would be the same if we had a girl. Fun times ahead for you guys. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented...I am so happy for you and Dustin becoming parents soon! If you ever need help with anything, let me know sweetie!
:)